Any Help Please

eljanno 15:12 03 Jun 05

Hi
Could someone give me some help please. I am trying to burn a dvd I have made, but I am having problems with the dvd writer (i think)
I have a philips dvd writer in my comp and I am using Nero 6, the problem is that every time I try to burn a dvd everything stops anywhere between 16% and 26%, I have to shut it all down and even reboot my pc so that the drive will open. Do I have a faulty drive or could it be something else (nero)
Thanks
J

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:17 03 Jun 05

Could be a conflict between windows burnig software and Nero.

My computer - right click the drive -sectect properties - recording tab untick enable CD recording on this drive. apply

Reboot PC and try nero again.

eljanno 15:43 03 Jun 05

wont that stop me being able to burn cd's on that drive?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:48 03 Jun 05

No it just switches off the windows burner you should still beable to burn with nero.

eljanno 15:50 03 Jun 05

ok I'll give it a go now

eljanno 16:00 03 Jun 05

No not worked its stuck at 12% now the burner looks like its still burning but that will stop soon. Should I just buy a new rom?

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 16:44 03 Jun 05

just a thought are you getting buffer under run with your memory how much do you have

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 16:45 03 Jun 05

do you have anything else running at the same time if so close them down

De Marcus 17:06 03 Jun 05

Try using a different buring software to determine whether the problem is nero related or not, try CdBurnerXp Pro (free) from click here

De Marcus 17:09 03 Jun 05

There's also the issue of burn speed, reduce it to the slowest speed (1xspeed) and see if the burn completes.

eljanno 18:08 03 Jun 05

I have 1/2 gig of ram and was burning at 4 speed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now