any good video editing freeware for camcorder

lonemascot 19:11 18 Jul 06

i have a mini DV JVC camcorder connected to my PC via firewire. i want to do some video editing. nothing too advanced and i was wondering if anyone knew of any good software?

961 19:15 18 Jul 06

Start with the Microsoft freebie. It's good, it's easy, and it will let you learn before you shell out shed loads of dosh

lonemascot 19:21 18 Jul 06

ok when i meant nothing too advanced i didn't mean to imply that im a retard and cant use complex programs. i just haven't got the money to buy an expensive video editing suite. i briefly used movie maker and hated it because of the obvious limitations.

if you know of anything in between that and adobe premiere i'd appreciate that thanks?

Stuartli 19:29 18 Jul 06

As 961 suggests, try Windows MovieMaker Version 2.1 from the Microsoft website:

click here

rezeeg 19:31 18 Jul 06

Pinnacle Studio click here

Stuartli 19:32 18 Jul 06

Of course, if you have XP + SP2, you will already have WMM2.1

lonemascot 19:35 18 Jul 06

i didn't realise they had released a newer version of it. will try it out before slagging it off anymore then.

David4637 19:41 18 Jul 06

WMM willnot produce a direct DVD Output, don't waste your time on it. David

lonemascot 19:44 18 Jul 06

as i thought, WMM is a noddy program with limited uses. cmon MS, you can do better than that surely.
what would you recommend then?

David4637 13:48 19 Jul 06

I use Studio v9, although its 80% good it does freeze occassionally, and sometimes you get "lip sync". I have not yet decided whether Ulead 10 or Adobe premiere Elements would be better. I edit non commercial DVDs up to 2 hours long and its difficult to decide without a trial which would be better. The only way I suppose is try them out. This type of editing is very time consuming both to renender and to get into, and playing around to understand how these progs work is also very time consuming, hence my hesitation. David

Pamy 14:55 19 Jul 06

Avid free DV, do not know aything about it, but it is a good name company and its free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…