is this any good (submitting to itunes)

daisy2bell 14:34 30 Mar 07

A few weeks ago I saw an artice here on submitting songs to itunes.
Here is the link to that news item.

click here

Any opinions on this please

Technotiger 14:40 30 Mar 07

Hi, not a musician myself, but on the face of it, looks great for anyone who does have the talent. I say give a go if you feel it is 'you', and good luck with it.

daisy2bell 19:35 31 Mar 07

Thanks Technotiger, I'll give it a try once I've organised my music files

daisy2bell 19:36 31 Mar 07

I won't tick resolved yet in case someone else has any input to give.
Sorry for the late reply.

Pamy 22:11 31 Mar 07

It looks that it will cost you a fee weather your music sells or not, or have I read that wrong

Pamy 22:12 31 Mar 07

So if an artist has a five-song album and he wants to put it on iTunes US, iTunes Canada, iTunes Japan and Rhapsody, the total cost would be $18.89.

daisy2bell 08:33 01 Apr 07

Pamy

Yes you are correct.
As far as I can make out from someone I know who has their music on itunes,this is the only way to get on itunes, (unless of course your famous)
apparently you have to keep trying to submit, and after many attempts you get sent a list of agents( such as the one in my link)
I am quite willing to pay, as I only have 2 albums

Pamy 10:41 01 Apr 07

I think I would try to find someone like yourself who has done this and see what they now think about them. Not easy I know, but I would try, you never know what you may be letting yourself in for

daisy2bell 14:39 02 Apr 07

I've had an email back from itunes, and the only way to get your own songs on is via digital service providers, and they included a list of such providers.
Here is the reply from itunes, and the link in my post is one of them, so they are Bona fide.

Thank you for your interest in iTunes.

After careful consideration of your application, we believe that the most efficient way to get your content up on iTunes in a timely fashion would be for you to deliver the content through one of the several digital service providers with whom we currently work.

Pamy 16:17 02 Apr 07

Well, if you are really keen to get your music on I Tunes, then go for it, but just dont get sucked into futher transactions that you may later regret.

daisy2bell 14:47 23 Apr 07

I've gone ahead with it, and my album should go online about mid june.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant