Any good with restart and boot up problems?

Scoobs 23:17 04 Feb 03

Just installed new motherboard - processor and graphics card.

also formatted C:

Reloading everything my computer beeps twice then another 5 times and hangs with no display!

Any ideas has to what would cause this? and if so how to solve it. I'm updating my Bios to see if that helps. I have tried all operating systems from win98 to win XP.

Stuartli 00:03 05 Feb 03

Have a look at your mobo manual and check on the bleep message codes. This should at least give you an idea of where the problem lies.

beeuuem 00:05 05 Feb 03

Which Motherboard are you using? The beep codes vary but try

click here

Legolas 00:09 05 Feb 03

Five beeps can indicate processor failure check that the processor is seated properly if so see if you can try a processor that you know is working.

beeuuem 00:10 05 Feb 03

These are more detailed:

click here

click here

Scoobs 19:34 06 Feb 03

Thanks to the above. I am going to try and count the beeps and go from there. I suspect it could be a video card conflict with motherboard if there are enough beeps. It's what to do if i discover the problem.

I don't think it's the processor as the computer runs well all day with all programmes. Just the thing doesn't turn off or restart.

Thanks to all again. Anymore advise would be welcome. I will ask again probably after trying out the above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…