Any good house layout programs?

Jonathan314159 20:36 18 Jan 04

I'm looking for something to help me plan an interior house layout - I'm thinking of moving around some internal walls, and need some software so I can see what's practical.

I've had bad experience in the past of garden design programs, so would appreciate any advice.

A 2-D view is fine, what's most important is that its intuitive to use, precise and I can shift walls around easily and see room dimensions.

Dont want to spend too much, I can always resort to some graph paper.

woodchip 20:40 18 Jan 04

First thing you do before moving walls, is make sure they are NOT LOAD BEARING. I was asked to sort a house out that a woman and knocked a wall out without Council Plans as she had let the first floor’s and the roof all cave in. Guess what No Plans No Woodcip

Pesala 20:44 18 Jan 04

you could try Serif Draw Plus 4.0. Its not a CAD program, but people do use it to draw plans click here with some success. I would prefer Corel Draw (Essentials is not expensive). click here

I suspect that there are more practical solutions than both of those possiblities. Corel Draw has some suitable predrawn symbols, but it is not custom-designed for this job.

spuds 20:50 18 Jan 04

PC World sell GSP 3D Home Designer for about £4.99.[Black Label Collection]. Not a bad little bundle. GSP click here

Djohn 21:02 18 Jan 04

PC World Have two in their on-line store. [Won't give the URL as they are time expired and only work for a short time]. Go to the main page and click on software/Leisure & interest/Hobbies & games.

On the first page you will see "Punch Home design" for £89.99 and "Punch Home professional" for £34.99. Can't vouch for either but they do seem to be what your looking for. No harm in popping into the store and having a look. j.

Simsy 17:50 19 Jan 04

from IMSI will do just what you want.

Easily available from the likes of Amazon... or worth a look on eBay.

regards,

Simsy

Simsy 17:51 19 Jan 04

from IMSI will do just what you want.

Easily available from the likes of Amazon... or worth a look on eBay.

regards,

Simsy

Jonathan314159 12:39 20 Jan 04

Thanks for all these answers - i'll give the Serif DrawPlus a try (given its free and I'm a skinflint), and the others a try if that doesnt work for what I want.

I'll try and avoid knocking down any load bearing walls!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…