Any good FREE healthcheck/fixing software around?

haven't a clue 15:11 02 Dec 04

Hi, does anybody know of any good Free diagnostic/healthcheck software that includes a free fix. I have had free diagnostic software before, but to fix it always had a cost, and as I was unsure how great a problem it might have been fixing I kept my money.
cheers guys

Technotiger 15:15 02 Dec 04

Hi, type in DirectX9 in the address bar - then download and install. It is a full diagnostic program - free.

Technotiger 15:17 02 Dec 04

ps: Sisoftsandra is another free one.

Jackcoms 15:23 02 Dec 04

Not so much a health check program, but a crap cleaner which will clean out any and all unwanted/unneeded junk on your PC and probably give you some extra 'speed' as well afterwards click here
You can safely delete anything it finds.

€dstowe 15:54 02 Dec 04

Be careful - a lot of these are just "panicware" and will alert you do problems that don't really exist or are so minor, you can forget about them.

Keep your computer up-to-date, install suitable anti-virus/anti-trojan, anti-spyware utilities and make regular system backups then use your computer for what it is intended for - to do useful things for you. Don't let it be there for its own sake demanding your time to do the unnecessary.

haven't a clue 16:01 02 Dec 04

€dstowe - good advice, I have all the things you describe as a preventative measure, in the main because I am not qualified to fix it if it goes wrong. I'm just not too keyed up on other things I might be able to do to tidy it up, make it faster etc.

I have tried free healthcheck software before, but baulked when it came to paying to fix the 'problems' it found for the reason you state.

I was wondering if there is any freeware that will do the check AND fix anything it found.

Jackcoms 16:18 02 Dec 04

€dstowe/haven't a clue

CCleaner is certainly NOT 'panicware'.

In fact it's probably one of the best free registry cleaners on the market and regularly recommended in these Forums.

TomJerry 16:22 02 Dec 04

if it is not brooken, do not fix it

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:23 02 Dec 04

Ccleaner click here; and regseeker click here are both free and all that you will need.

Cook2 17:05 02 Dec 04

click here for PCPitstop.

Your aim is for chequered flags. If you don't it will point the way.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:46 02 Dec 04

That'll be click here Even if you computer is 'not broken' both programmes will find loads of rubbish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…