Any Garmin ETrex H GPS users out there ?

isca2 21:18 28 Mar 09

I am new to using a handheld GPS for walking. Am having trouble with interface cables to connect to pc and vice versa. If anyone has one of these and uses the gps to connect to pc (XP) can they tell me how. I do not have a serial connection !

grey george 22:19 28 Mar 09

Try this click here

I think you still need the cable that should have come with your gps.

keverne 22:21 28 Mar 09

Duplicate post

click here

isca2 09:44 29 Mar 09

gey george..Thanks. daconnor..yes I know !

isca2 09:47 29 Mar 09

Thanks for that. The model I have does not come with any cables. You can buy one from Garmin at £20 but it only connects with a serial port which I do not have and are a thing of the post on most computers today. The USB connection cable that you have highlighted is used with the serial cable, so tgether, they will cost more than the gps ! I have purchased a USB cable that connects directly to the gps, but cannot get it to work as cannot load the driver which gives problems.

grey george 17:51 29 Mar 09

Seems this is known issue with these gps's
click here

This may help: click here

EasyGPS is also mentioned as a free software programme which some have used to over come this problem.
click here

isca2 21:27 29 Mar 09

Thanks..Easy GPS still needs the GPS to be attached to the pc to upload and download data. I have tried Driver Detective to no avail, but thanks for the links. Problem may be the cable I bought so it has gone back to the maker for checking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now