Any Free Office Programme (Word - Excel)

Molly_Don 22:54 14 Aug 10

I use OpenOffice which has become corrupted, even though I've received good advice trying to resolve it including recommended programmes such as Revo etc., etc., yet I cannot fix the issue, can anyone recommend any free office programmes other than Open Office? basically, all I need is word / excel.

I have XP installed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:58 14 Aug 10

click here open office all doc spread sheets compatible with MS office

Molly_Don 23:03 14 Aug 10

Hi Fruit Bat

That link don't work: click here

I already have OO but it don't work, so I'm looking for something different.

Graham. 23:04 14 Aug 10

:-)

cocteau48 23:47 14 Aug 10

Cannot vouch for it personally but this is often cited as a good alternative to Open Office:click here

rdave13 00:01 15 Aug 10

Ashampoo office 2008 is free. You will have to register an will have reasonable spam which you can choose to un subscribe if you wish to. Wait awhile, just in case, as you'll get a free account etc.,etc., with the German firm of Ashampoo.
Anyway this is the link; click here

BT 08:25 15 Aug 10

Can't you simply uninstall Open Office and download and install a fresh version.

I have OO on XP and it works fine.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:35 15 Aug 10
  gengiscant 11:15 15 Aug 10

I think Molly_Don has been having problems with OpenOffice click here

Molly_Don 11:27 15 Aug 10

Thanks for the help, I've uninstalled OO several times plus I've used various cleaner's as suggested, yet the corruption still exists, as suggested, I've posted on OO forum for help, but the issue still exists.

DieSse 11:45 15 Aug 10

You could try Gnumeric

click here

and Abiword

click here

But you should be able to get OO working. After an uninstall and a registry clean (I would use Wise Registry Cleaner - free) - then look at you hard drive in explorer and find any references to OO that may be left lurking. Make sure you have the latest OO and a fresh download of it from the OO site.

IBM/Lotus Symphony is an adaptation of OO.

Oxygen is an enhanced version of OO - may be worth a try

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…