Any FREE alternatives to MS Office

johnpalmer 11:00 20 Jul 07

Do not need word processing facility much, but I do need to open e-mail attachments, which I receive which are transmitted in microsoft word.

How can I open these and Excel spread sheets without having to fork out a small fortune for Microsoft Office

Any help gratefully received

crosstrainer 11:03 20 Jul 07

Is open source, free and powerful. click here

^wave^ 11:04 20 Jul 07

open office will do it
there are some other like star office that costs a little though you will also need an email prog try thunderbird

octal 12:01 20 Jul 07

I can vouch for OpenOffice, it's good. That's all I've got on my system, the only thing to be careful of is if you send someone a document is to make sure you send the document in a font the recipient can view. I sent a work colleague a document and forgot to change the font from an OO specific font to something he could read in MS. There are some other problems in compatibility with Macro's and one or two other things, but they should cause that much of a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…