Any fixes for fake usb flash drives?

cdbd 12:07 25 Feb 09

I bought 8GB flash drives from GLG technologies (China), turned out to be 1GB. I have seen other advice but it gets confusing. Does anyone know a safe way to fix the flash drives. I bought 100 of them, so need to fix. Inside it says something like DDTIC on chip (best guess), Samsung 816, K9GB08U0M, PCBO, CSBG6710 on bigger black rectangle (best guess, writing small).

Also why does Microsoft bare no responsibility when it is their software that is giving a false capacity size? If their program (word?) gets deceived then surely they have been hacked (word?) and need to make a patch or other solution. Sorry if above statement is false, but Microsoft forum is so hard to figure out I have no contrary info.

recap 12:53 25 Feb 09

You will notice whether it is 8Gb, 1Gb or even a flopy disc that there is always a small amount of data used for the devices own configuration. This will include the size of the drive, this is from the manufacturer not Microsoft.

If you click here and download killdisk this will show you how large your USB drives are, there may be more than Windows is showing you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple