//some 3rd party need geo

Any experience with searchhook

rawprawn 16:21 09 Jul 04

I have found url searchhook is missing using Hijackthis, and I have deleted it using that program. However it keeps coming back into the registry and I can't get rid of it. I have run Ad-aware,Spybot A²,Bazooka, & CCleaner. I am at a loss, and neither am I certain that it is causing any problems, but I am associating it with a whole lot of malware I picked up this morning. all related to euniverse or Keen Value.Can anyone enlighten me any further.

TommyRed 16:37 09 Jul 04

Maybe it's holed up in 'system restore', can you turn it off whilst you try and remove it. Remembering to turn it back on afterwards. HTH TR

rawprawn 16:42 09 Jul 04

Sorry Tommy, I should have said I have already done that.

TommyRed 16:47 09 Jul 04

That's my knowledge expended, I'm sure some bright spark will on hand with a solution, shortly. Up to the top. TR

rawprawn 16:54 09 Jul 04

I have just again disabled system restore, then rebooted in safe mode and deleted with Hijackthis. When I restarted I again scanned with Hijackthis, and low and behold there it was gone. However I am not too sure that it won't come back again after using IE. We shall see. Thanks anyway meantime I will close the thread.

Wak 21:34 09 Jul 04

I don't know if this is of any use to you but Spywareblaster gives protection against 194 variations of Keen Value Active-X malwares in the Internet Explorer section.
Make sure they are all ticked and enabled.
Just a shot in the dark for you to try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…