Any experience of HP tear-off tab photo paper?

panhandle 10:02 08 Aug 06

I have a pack of HP photo paper 10 x 15cm, and see on the box the description "plus tear off tab".

Common sense tells me this is for fingerprint-free handling, and it looks - from the size of the box, that the tab is on 1 side only. If that is so then page set-up can ignore the tab for purposes of printing area.

Before I open the box - can anyone confirm I am correct so far? And more important - what is the quality of the tear-off? Does it look like a nice clean photo when it is seperated, or is there an obvious perf? That's my main worry.

Many thanks.

Stuartli 10:06 08 Aug 06

I've never used this type of photo paper but, if the tear off quality is inadequate, a sharp Stanley knife or similar tool plus a ruler and a solid surface will ensure it can be given a clean cut edge.

Newuser38 11:21 08 Aug 06

The tab is on one end only and ignored for print. Mostly they tear off ok but I have had to tidy up the odd one. I first got them for mini-album use and picked up several packs of two for the price of one.

panhandle 11:59 08 Aug 06

That is more or less what I was expecting. ince the price was exceedingly competetive I'll go with them.
Not a problem to tidy the odd one - but not the whole lot. Thanks.

Jim Thing 12:05 08 Aug 06

If you fold the tab backwards and forwards a couple of times at the crease it should snap off to leave a clean edge.

Gwyn1 12:41 08 Aug 06

A stated above, just fold the edge back and forth a few times and they come of very easily and cleanly. In relation to the paper, keep an eye out for Aldi offers, they at times do a heavier paper (better quality, for a fraction of the price of HP.

Stuartli 14:10 08 Aug 06

If you mean the Rex 200gsm A4 50 sheets Glossy Photo Quality pager at Aldi, then I'm fully in agreement..:-)

It produces some remarkable prints using compatible cartridges on my Epson R300 and that's from a 2MB Minolta camera.

Gwyn1 14:24 08 Aug 06

Stuartli

Aldi sold a 280gm. HP is usually 240gm although for a premium you can buy a heavier weight. The Aldi one is worth buying to keep some 'in', even if you don't need it there and then, these Aldi offers can be few and far between.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…