Any Excel wizzkids??

pickle factory 10:15 03 Feb 05

Help!! I want to do a sort of search/replace task, but instead of replacing the searched item, I want to delete the entire cell (NOT just clear it, I don't want any empty cells remaining). Does anyone know how to do it? Cheers. John

118-118 Got Your Number 10:21 03 Feb 05

But I do know that you can do this using VBA. There is an example of how do this in this book... Excel VBA in Easy Steps.

click here

Copy this into your browser.

pickle factory 10:24 03 Feb 05

Cheers for the info, but I'm afraid I need something more immediate if possible.

Graham ® 10:27 03 Feb 05

Highlight and press Delete?

Graham ® 10:29 03 Feb 05

no need to copy, your link turns into a 'click here'.

pickle factory 10:32 03 Feb 05

I want to use it in large files, I need it auto precisely because it will take forever to find and delete manually, there are far too many to do one by one.

Graham ® 10:38 03 Feb 05

Have you tried Sort/Filter?

118-118 Got Your Number 10:41 03 Feb 05

Graham - oops so it does :) forgot it did that

pickle factory 10:54 03 Feb 05

The cells I'm searching for are scattered throughout the sheet, I need to search for a selected value and delete the cell. I did try with filter, but I couldn't find a way to delete JUST the cells I searched for.

pickle factory 11:09 03 Feb 05

Found a way to do it with combination of IF statement and then filter. Thanks fo hints guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…