Any Eircom (as ISP) users out there? How do I....

polymath 21:01 02 Oct 03

How do I add a second email address for my account? (Pay-as-you-go dialup). Or can we only have one address now?

About a year ago, I could do it at Eircom's website, but the name I tried for my husband was taken. I've been trying again recently (now he's chosen another name). But I can't find any way on the website.

What I used to do was click on the Mail tab at the top of the home page, then I got the option 'More email addresses'. The site's been redesigned, and doing the same thing just gets into a web mail department.

Asking for FAQs about email required choosing an OS and mail client first (Win98 & OE6 for me). Just doing that got 'No FAQs - try refining your query'. (?)

I emailed their support people, asking if I can still have more than 1 address, & if so could they point me to the page, but they emailed back that there was no email support for free customers. (Yes or no would have been helpful!)

I'm trying here before ringing their helpline at whatever per minute (and without being able to be connected to their site at the same time)

polymath 21:06 02 Oct 03

I forgot to say I know what to do at the Outlook Express end - it's getting through to Eircom that's the problem.

Kitz E Kat 21:25 02 Oct 03

Hi, click here, and follow you nose!!!!!
Eh they could have said yes or no, would not hurt!!
Hope this helps
Kitz E Kat

MAJ 21:28 02 Oct 03

I don't use Eircom, polymath, but is this click here what you're looking for? It might just be to change your present email but take a look anyway. If it's not what you're looking for, why doesn't hubby just sign up for his own email address by opening a new account with Eircom and use those settings for his own identity in Outlook Express?

Kitz E Kat 21:52 02 Oct 03

Great minds think alike!!!!!!!

good luck

Oh and don't bother using kitzekat, cos its mine, all mine, so there!!!!

Kitz E Kat

polymath 21:02 03 Oct 03

Many thanks, MAJ and Kitz E Kat.

I followed your link, and it's certainly closer to what I was looking for than anything I could find on the Eircom site!

But it looks as if it's for changing an email address, rather than adding one.

The new account sounds a good idea if I can't find a way (assuming we can have more than 1 account with the same phone line). But I was hoping to keep it simple and share the password. (We don't have secrets between us anyway, and hubby's proposed IT education is best started simply!)

Kitz E Kat 21:20 03 Oct 03

Eh i don't like to contradict you however it IS for a new email address....

To use......

Enter your existing email address and password press the Continue button....

Enter a new email address and a new password and that is it, you will STILL have your existing email address and you will have a NEW one,IE. a second email address .....

Kitz E Kat

Kitz E Kat 21:23 03 Oct 03

When you enter the second email address you have to enter a NEW password, this can be the same password as your existing account....

The email address MUST be a different one but the password can be the same.....

polymath 20:11 04 Oct 03

Yes, Kitz E Kat - so I found, but have only just checked my mail & found your latest responses (should have done that 1st!).

I rang Eircom's helpline this a.m., & the fellow confirmed I can have more addresses, & dictated the URL in question immediately I asked. They're having to do that a lot at the moment, apparently; I wasn't alone in not being able to navigate to the page. It's not careless site design - it's just not quite completed yet.

It was indeed the same page as your link. I think the info on their new page is ambiguous, and it looks as if it's for changing the main email address. But I did it, and was then still able to get mail to my address as usual. I've sent an email from hubby to me, so far (I haven't received/found the one I sent from me to hubby, but that just needs some settings in OE I expect).

Thanks for your help.

ps. Why can't all helplines be like Eircom's? I've used it several times in the last 2 years, none (bar maybe this time) about things that were Eircom's fault. Nobody's been stumped, or left me hanging on to consult someone else, or wasted phone time (they seem to speak as fast as you like!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…