Any Digi Camera Guru,s out there

deke 16:15 21 Jan 05

Could anyone possibly tell me why these two A 95 cameras are different and which is the best
thanks

click here

Salinger 16:23 21 Jan 05

Same camera, different prices from different suppliers.

Totally-braindead 16:27 21 Jan 05

As Salinger has said.

deke 16:30 21 Jan 05

They have different no,s and different batteries and focal lengths.according to the full spec lists,thats why i was wondering which would be best.
thanks for the reply

deke 16:36 21 Jan 05

I was also wondering if anyone has used a canon A95 and what they thought of it.

Salinger 16:38 21 Jan 05

The specs for the one priced at £174 are in all probability incorrect particularly the focal lengths, batteries are interchangeable so you could use MiMHs instead of NiCads.

Totally-braindead 16:39 21 Jan 05

I've looked at what you've said on the 2 cameras, regarding the batteries it doesn't matter whether you use NICAD or NIMH as far as the camera is concerned. The focal lengths though are very different and I would suggest that one of the 2 sites have got the specs wrong for one of the cameras, but I can't be certain that is the case.

Totally-braindead 16:41 21 Jan 05

Review click here

roy 16:44 21 Jan 05

Have a look here at Canon's webpage. click here

There is only one camera listed with that number. I notice that the focal length is given as 1.8 inches not 18 inches. Looks to me like the same camera.

jerichobob 16:46 21 Jan 05

Either I'm missing something or they are identical. Sometimes manufacturers give items (slightly) different model numbers to tell them where it was bought from/supplied to. Looks to have a decent spec for the price but watch battery life. The Canon my friend has eats them. I use a Sony or Fuji, both of which are longer lasting per charge. The Sony has the better lens. The Fuji is easier to use for more advanced stuff. The Fuji is still my favourite even though the Sony blows it away in terms of spec. Mainly 'cos it was my first. I think it looks better too. And it's got Porsche written on it!!!!

Rob.

deke 16:48 21 Jan 05

cheers for the replies,It was the different numbers and prices that threw me,this will be our first digi camera so i want to get The best i can as they change so fast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…