Any delphi guru's wish to help me? newbie....

Gaz 25 14:59 19 Aug 05

Hi!

Ok down to business, basically, I need a program that will end a few processes, remove some files and registry entries, with a progress indicator and a start button and completed/exit button...

So, basically your a presented with form1 onload, with a start remove button, then that closes form1 and opens form2 > I need it to find and stop cirtain processes, for example the ones that relate to the application I wish to remove. This must be able to have defined process endtask, because I dont want it ending system tasks by mistake, so I'd like a more c:\myfiles\myprocess.exe endtask for example.

if I define it to find c:\myfile\deletethis.exe and c:\myexes\anotherfile.exe and any number of files I wish to define, so it needs to be simple like

Tfindfile
All files I wish to find go here
.deletefile

(thats just an example of how I would like it to operate, not actual code, I'm new to delphi you see.)

and delete.

While, also, it will remove a few defined registry entries, same way as removing files. Easy so I can add any entires to this.
Form2, which will have a progress indicator if possible to show progress, if possible, also show action that is being carried out.

When completed I wish to have form 2 closed another form3 displayed with Completed on, and an exit button.

Is this possible and can anyone help me? It's pretty urgent, as yet I dont have a way of uninstalling. I'm sure this application is [pretty simple for you guys. I havent started it yet so if anyone can post code that would be very, very, kind of you.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I've also posted this on programmersheaven too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…