Any comp users get in a password protect bios?

NearlyTheir 19:04 17 Nov 05

Any users have a Advent or Medion computer and found a way to get in the full bios on the main board.
If you have a different comp tell me anyway it might work.

Skills 19:07 17 Nov 05

You need to find the CMOS reset jumper and then use this to reset the CMOS. It should be shown in your motherboard manual its is normally a set of jumpers located ver near the BIOS cip on the motherboard.

Warning this will reset your CMOS to default settings but it will wipe any passwords that have been put on.

NearlyTheir 19:29 17 Nov 05

I did give this a try and it did reset the basic bios but not the extended bios with the cpu ,ram ,pci settings on. Would there be a software data bios stored on hard drive that it is using?

VoG II 19:32 17 Nov 05
  NearlyTheir 19:51 17 Nov 05

Going to have a look at that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:51 17 Nov 05
  Skills 21:35 17 Nov 05

OK you have access to your BIOS yes?

I think you're find that some manufacturers install there own versions of BIOS which dont allow you to access the settings your looking for to prevent you from being able to tweak these settings eg so you can overclock.

NearlyTheir 22:04 17 Nov 05

Not in there yet.
Have been looking at Fruit Bat click here.
click here
Yes I understand Skills its not somtimes a simple little jump setting to reset.
I may give it a miss for a while. Lots of other bits are getting put aside not computer related.

Thanks to all for your help:)
I'll come back when its done or in the bin.
Bye.

Skills 22:07 17 Nov 05

Yes I read you other thread and note that you do have the extra features but they are password protected all I can think of is if there isnt a backdoor password or a way around it eg flashing (last resort in my books) see if the computer manufacturer will give you it after all it is your PC.

Good luck

NearlyTheir 22:34 17 Nov 05

Ok Skills.
Thanks for your input.
Very well received.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac