Any CD Ripper quicker than WMP ?

Dick_Dastardly 21:48 04 Jun 06

I'm looking to rip my whole CD collection to my PC very soon, and wondered if anyone could recommend the best tool for doing this - I have WMP 10 and of course it has a built in ripper, but I wondered if there was any other program that would do the job quicker ?

Freeware preferred (naturally !) but if a paid-for version is far and away the best, then thats fine.

Thanks

DD

SANTOS7 21:54 04 Jun 06

Express Rip is free. It is also the fastest CD ripper in the world
click here
text taken from link......

paddyjack 11:41 05 Jun 06

another one here click here and will get your track list as well

walesrob 12:01 05 Jun 06

I've used Easy CD-DA Extractor from Poikosoft for 5 years now, I would highly recommend it. Apart from CD ripping, theres audio file converter to many formats (inluding AAC), a cd burning utility and a MP3/WMA CD creator. Easy CDDA is highly rated by many people click here

BBez 12:50 05 Jun 06

absolutely the best for extracting data. click here for the homepage, note, the latest version has problems with ripping certain protections due to the author being told to omit certain features so you better with the older version 0.9 beta 4 click here to get it...

BBez 12:59 05 Jun 06

you have to paste link in new tab / window for some reason...

walesrob 13:14 05 Jun 06

Bbez, not meaning to rain on your parade, but although you are correct in that EAC is probably the best cd-ripper available, its also the most fiddly and complicated to configure, and after trying it a few times over the past 2 years, I gave up getting to work, and went back to Easy CDDA. Then again, it could be a faulty computer user....!

BBez 14:29 05 Jun 06

no problem, everyone has their own opinion.

click here for a guide to get EAC correctly going...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…