Any Camcorder Experts Around?

Sibbo 11:30 17 Jul 06

I'm in the market for a camcorder, and I think I've narrowed it down to a choice of two. These are the Panasonic NV-GS280 or the JVC Everio
GZ-MG77. Is there anybody here thet has one of these models and can comment on the quality of video, ease of use etc. Thanks in advance.

krach 11:49 17 Jul 06

I have JVC Everio

It is easy to use. I bought it in April but haven't downloaded anything on a DVD yet.

I am happy with mine

stlucia 12:57 17 Jul 06

I have neither, though I do have an older Panasonic DV camera which I'm very pleased with.

But I think it's going to come down to your personal preference. Looking briefly at the specs. of the two models you've mentioned, it seems to me that they are not very similar: The JVC records onto internal hard disc, can record in wide-screen format, but only uses a single sensor; the Panasonic records onto DV tape, has three image sensors, but doesn't mention anything about wide screen format.

In my opinion DV tape is the most reliable recording medium because you can take it out of the camera and keep it separately, and I think it's more robust (as a storage medium) than hard disk or DVD. Also, 3 image sensors reputedly gives better colour quality than a single sensor, though I have no complaints whatsoever about the quality from my single-sensor camera. So, of those two cameras, I would in theory choose the Panasonic if prices are similar; but in practice I might look for something cheaper, using DV tape, and with a bigger optical zoom such as click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…