Any ADSL provider without 12 month contract.

nerawan 15:29 25 Nov 04

Hi. Does anyone know about any Broadband provider apart from Virgin that don't ask for a 12 month contract and posibly not set up?.
The only one I know it's Virgin but their customer service is very bad. Because of that I cancelled in the past and now try again but after 4 days of phone calls they don't know why I don't get the service. The line was suppose to be activated by B.T. from last monday.

Jeffers22 15:36 25 Nov 04

Most of the others without a 12 month contract and no set up fees, will charge you for discontinuing inside the first year. Miraculously, the charge is pretty close to the set up fee that you got "free"

I've had Virgin BB since April, no problems, emails to customer support have been a bit slow in terms of response, but the only time I've phoned them I was extremely pleased with the speed of answering and the answers. Luck of the draw I feel - but not much different to any other customer "services" call centre.

Go to adslGuide click here and take a look at the comparisons and forums.

Brian-318590 15:43 25 Nov 04

cpbb is a 3 month contract central point click here i,m using the 1mg at 25.99

Noelg23 15:44 25 Nov 04

like slugo I am with central point and its only 3 month contract...best offer you can ever get...

iscanut 17:54 25 Nov 04

I use Eclipse on a monthly contract
see click here

PC User 18:18 25 Nov 04

Metronet does 3 months contract
and Nildram also do monthly contract...

Best of luck

Djohn 18:19 25 Nov 04

No contract, no restrictions, no limits, no capping and a superb service. Number one in the ADSL guide for speed/service/reliability. Not cheap but probably the best. click here

rawprawn 18:24 25 Nov 04

I think you are right, I am with Tiscali 512 which is OK, but when the contract runs out next February I think I shall move to Zen.

TomJerry 18:25 25 Nov 04

all providers suggested above have activiation fee.

You can cheat on this, set up with Virgin and migrate to other. The migration only costs £10 with many provider. Other monthly contract one plusnet (excellent), V21 (very cheap £16.99).

The one similar to no activiation and no activation fee is E7Even click here

Djohn 18:46 25 Nov 04

Zen offer free migration from other providers so this will be your best choice, only off-line for 20 minutes or so why the change over takes place.

New customers can be up and running in 3 - 5 days from placing order. I am very wary about recommending anything to people as sometimes things go wrong and they don't receive the same service but I can highly recommend Zen with complete confidence.

I already have to many people, five people that I know took the service were all on-line in three days, one took a day longer. It has never given me any problems, works as sweet as a nut and I have only phoned them once in the ten months or so I've been with them and that was to ask a question on behalf of a forum member.

Connection and download speed never alters, always fast and accurate. Zen is an IPStream ISP and guarantees no contention. click here for more information on IPStream providers.

Noelg23 18:47 25 Nov 04

most providers charge £10 to migrate? blimey thats alot...my ISP only charge....wait for it....99p!!! yes 99p!! just to migrate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5