Any Acronis 11 experts out there?

phono 21:59 13 Dec 07

Will Acronis 11 Home allow me to clone an entire HD which, I believe, contains a hidden recovery partition?

If not, can anyone suggest any alternatives, paid for, or otherwise.

Technotiger 22:15 13 Dec 07

In a word - Yes.

phono 22:23 13 Dec 07

Cheers for the speedy reply, are there any similar/better, or even free, programs which will allow me to clone a complete HD?

Once again, many thanks.

Technotiger 22:27 13 Dec 07

IMHO and again, in a word, No!

Though others may not agree with me, I think most will. I know some people use Ghost, but I am not familiar with Ghost, only Acronis, I use Version 11.

phono 22:41 13 Dec 07

Cheers for that, just to clarify, will Acronis 11 definitely clone a complete drive, including hidden/recovery partitions?

Sorry if I seem to be labouring the point but I would like to be absolutely sure before I make a purchase.

Technotiger 23:17 13 Dec 07

Yes it will clone totally everything.

phono 23:29 13 Dec 07

Thanks a million, I will now go and make a purchase.

phono 21:31 18 Dec 07

Thanks for your excellent advice, I purchased Acronis 11 direct from their website, it was duly installed and a perfect clone of the HD in question has now been made and the bootable rescue CD is a brilliant tool.

Once again, many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…