Antvirus s'ware and files scanned

newearwax 15:51 03 Oct 04

Like a good number of ppl I use AVG 6 but have just tried Norton Antivirus 2005 trial. The total number of files scanned by AVG is around 50000 or less but Norton recorded over 200000 files scanned, Why is the discepancy there and does it imply that AVG is not doing a good job or perhaps that Norton has gone in for overkill?

OwenLotts 15:57 03 Oct 04

Norton might be scanning all files by default. AVG doesn't scan all files and skips certain types that are deamed "non-infectable". In AVG go to the Service menu and select Complete Test Settings and check Scan All Extensions.

SANTOS7 16:08 03 Oct 04

click here try the free beta7 version from here

newearwax 21:06 03 Oct 04

OwenLotts. Thanks but even then AVG only scans about 100000 and not the 200000 of Norton so there must be another explanation?

SANTOS7 I'll keep my eyes open for the new version but prefer to stay clear of Betas. Possibly nothing will go wrong but haven't got the patience if they do!

newearwax 19:02 04 Oct 04

No reply to my last posting?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…