AntiVirus/AntiSpyware Conflicts

250diesel 09:11 03 May 07

I already have Trend PC-cillin Internet Security 2007: Ad-Aware; SpyBot installed and have no problems.
As I am getting somewhat paranoid in my old age and do not wish to leave myself 'exposed' I am thinking of enlarging my belt,braces & string protection even further.
After reading a very good write-up in PC Advisor I have purchased SpySweeper.
QUESTIONS: 1)Is my thinking correct - can you have too much protection?
2)Does anybody know of any possible conflicts that might arise.
My firewall will be that provided by Trend.
Regards to all.

rawprawn 09:24 03 May 07

You should have no problems as long as you don't try to run two AV's Having said that I think that you are already well covered and there really is no need for paranoia.

birdface 09:29 03 May 07

I have tried Spy Sweeper and did not think it was very good,I agree with you One more would not do you any harm,I would have said Spyware Doctor,But have heard a few complaints about the latest version.If I was going to purchase one I would see what others recomend,Some of the free one's are as good if not better than Spy Sweeper.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:52 03 May 07

The rules to prevent conflicts are:

1 firewall
1 antivirus
and as much antispyware as your paranoia requires
Although you are well covered already.

adding Spywareblaster click here to block sites is all I would do in your case.
This program takes up no extra resources and therefore will not slow up your PC as adding another antispyware scanner may do.

250diesel 08:56 04 May 07

Thanks everybody. Your answers were really helpful & informative (as usual in this help room).
I already have PC Tools Privacy Guardian & Registry Mechanic installed and like them, so I think I will give their Spyware Doctor a go - as I have two of their programs installed they have offered me a $10 discount,which will off-set what I have spent on Spy Sweeper.
Have a good Bank Holiday.
Best Regards

isca2 09:31 04 May 07

I have been a fan and user of PC Tools Anti spyware, but the latest version caused so many problems that I have gone with Sunbelt which has been excellent. No problems and fast loading, regular updates etc..and has a free reial and full version costs just over £10 for the year of updates and support. Have a look here ..
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…