Antivirus/Adaware/Spybot etc Use in Spain?

Taff36 15:52 14 Jun 05

Friend of mine has a villa in Spain and has signed up for Wireless Broadband out there. On his Spanish ISP`s advice he had to remove McAfee AV because it apparently caused a conflict. He also had a problem with a virus although this has been eradicated.

The question is therefore will Avast be a suitable AntiVirus programme for use out there? Similarly does anyone know of any issues with Adaware, Spybot, SpywareBlaster or even MS AntiSpyware?

Diodorus Siculus 16:21 14 Jun 05

Do you know the ISP name? Searching finds nothing problematic with Avast (but my spanish is pretty poor!).

john-232317 16:30 14 Jun 05

I use AVG free version, adaware, spybot, a squared, crapcleaner, spyware blaster, bhodemon, on Telefonica BB with no problems.

Maybe there was a conflict with his ISP firewall ?

john-232317 16:32 14 Jun 05

Mine is not wireless though.

Meshuga 18:22 14 Jun 05

My Daughter lives in Spain and uses the same setup as dadyassa but is on Dialup and has no problems.

Belatucadrus 18:24 14 Jun 05

avast! is very good, I use it with Kerio firewall, Spywareblaster, Spywareguard, Spybot S&D and Microsoft Anti Spyware. So far no conflicts between them.
Perhaps not entirely relevant to this case, click here but they do a Spanish language version of avast, so would appear they have a Spanish clientèle large enough to warrant creating a variant.
I believe DieSse has installed it on some machines in Spain, though his preference is ever the non free NOD32, maybe he'll confirm if he catches the thread.

woodchip 18:32 14 Jun 05

they should all work. what you suggest

DieSse 19:14 14 Jun 05

I don't know of any issues in Spain with any ISPs or any AV/Spyware software. I have come across some firewall issues with some routers - but they won't be peculiar to Spain.

Mind you - I've had plenty of problems with MacAfee and NAV du their general propensity to screw systems up!

IIMHO - the best free - Avast .... but the best there is - NOD32 click here - also certified against Adware and Spyware and Trojans. Just renewed mine - wouldn't use anything else.

Taff36 07:42 15 Jun 05

There was a firewall conflict & I don`t know which ISP provider but the general opinion is that all my "usual suspects" will work. I suppose thinking about it logically the definition files must be international because the web and viruses certainly are! Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…