Antivirus XP 2008

redshift300 17:11 19 Jul 08

Help, are there any recent updates for the removal of the Antivirus XP 2008 trojan. I ask this before I format my hard drive. Any help would be appreciated.
Tom

No there is not any updates, your best bet is to re-install your software and fully format your harddrive. as I have recently as it is a nasty virus that is basically impossible to uninstall

C3 17:40 19 Jul 08

Malwarebytes will get rid of it, although I would recommend doing multiple scans and also use SuperAntispyware and Spybot as mopups.

Took me about 5hrs to clean one PC this week which is a silly about of time. I can usually clean a PC in under 2hrs before this latest strain of the Virtumonde virus.

mfletch 18:04 19 Jul 08

DrWeb should also help get rid of it,

click here

Ditch999 18:20 19 Jul 08

Run all scans in Safe Mode as well.

redshift300 19:03 19 Jul 08

Hi Guys
Thanks for your help
Going to format and reload
Regards

awest3 21:16 19 Jul 08

I got rid of this using Superantispyware first then doing a manual delete of any remaining registry items using the advice here click here

you must remember to remove any restore points as they will most likely also be infected.

Lots of anti-spyware applications claim to remove it fully but I found that none really did...

Al

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…