Antivirus ware for win98 on cd ?

greybeard 11:18 24 Feb 06

Seeking a replacement for norton av2006 for an elderly friend who doesn't want to use online payment. (NAV2006 is not compatible with win98 which she doesn't want to change.)

I see two alternatives.
1. I download a program and pay, burn to cd, then install on her computer and hope there are no problems with setting up for auto updates.
2. Buy a cd from High Street if I can find one(cd, not High Street).

I prefer to have a cd, so that I can re-install if she crashes the system.

Everyone has their favourite antivirus ware, and up to the present time I've had no problems with NAV, but I'm now finding it too bloated. So I will also be soon looking for a replacement.
I've read the positive comments about Nod 32(?)and it looks good, but I don't see a cd available.
Would this work if I went for option 1 ?

Diodorus Siculus 11:29 24 Feb 06

You can download and burn to CD an dthen install. Why not go for one of the free options like Avast or AVG - they will install and Avast auto updates with no problem.

Avast also updates the program as well as the definitions and if there is a problem, you simply download the latest program and install it.

recap 11:30 24 Feb 06

There are numerous free antivirus programs on the Internet greybeard such as:

click here

click here

ventanas 11:32 24 Feb 06

It is now available on cd click here and scroll down to the note dated 30th November.

I can highly recommend it.

Border View 12:11 24 Feb 06

I use Windows 98SE and am very happy with Avast (free). I'm sure that there was a copy of Avast on a recent cover CD which came with PC Advisor. Must have been because I used it to install on my brothers computer which runs Windows 95.

greybeard 14:16 24 Feb 06

I'm liking the look of the Nod32 more and more, so it looks like that will be my route.
Thanks all for your contributions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac