antivirus update wont install firewall

markdavid 13:50 16 Dec 08

Unfortunately, I only have an unoffical version of Windows XP Home on my desktop. On trying to up-grade my Panda Internet Security from 2008 to 2009 version, it warned me that my protection was low since it couldn't install the Firewall due to my Windows not being sufficently up to date. I can't update it, so it seems I have two alternatives, since I still have another year to run with my Panda licence:

1. Accept the 2009 version but without Firewall. (My broadband router apparently has one already), or
2. Downgrade back to Panda 2008, where the Firewall loads without problems.

Which is preferable and more secure for e-mails (Outlook Express) and web browsing?

Many thanks in advance for your opinions.

PO79 13:54 16 Dec 08

Buy a licensed copy of Windows.

markdavid 16:01 16 Dec 08

Thanks for your suggestion. In fact I now have a new laptop and have installed Norton with no problem onto it. But it wont install on my old desktop for the same reason as I mentioned. Since I won't have my desktop for very long, I'm not prepared to buy a licensed copy of Windows for it now. Any further help would be appreciated.

skidzy 17:23 16 Dec 08

basically you are asking for help with a Pirate copy of windows (if ive read correctly )...you will get no help here and i would expect the FE to close this thread once seen.

By all means we can help if you have a legitimate install of windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…