Antivirus and Software Firewalls/Security

Snooky50 18:51 20 Jul 04

I recently reinstalled XP Home on my pc after having major system problems with Norton Internet Security 2004 (AV & Firewall). I thought the best way to get rid of was a to format the hdd - fine.

Choosing new Antivirus software was harder, and from speaking to friends they recommended AVG 7.0. Similarly but not so severe problems happened again, the scanner would either on startup or whilst pc was on (av scanner would disable). I kept having to go into AVG main interface to turn scanner back on.

As a last measure, I removed AVG over the weekend. Installed an evaluation copy of F-Secure's Internet Security including AV 2004 and the same problem occurs. All Windows XP updates aswell as installed hardware & software updates are upto date.

What causes an AV scanner either at startup or whilst computer turned on (either working or idle) to stop working. No viruses found!!

Is there anything wrong with my pc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…