Antivirus software conflict with Tiscali BB

taylormel 21:18 13 Nov 05

Hello,

I have just installed Panda Platinum 2006 antivirus onto my PC but it now seems that i can't access my Tiscali Broad Band internet connection. The browser comes up but Tiscali is unable to connect. I have uninstalled Panda and the connection is made but obviously this makes my PC vulnerable to virus and spyware.

Any suggestions why its doing this gratefully received!

Sal

keewaa 21:24 13 Nov 05

Platinum 2006 contains a firewall and I suspect this is just not configured properly ... you have to allow your browser to access the internet and anything else that needs access.

keewaa 21:27 13 Nov 05

Privacy control could also be the problem if not logged in or blocking certain sites. maybe also something in the advanced settings? I don't know the product but am just thinking from their web site.

Stuartli 21:41 13 Nov 05

There must be a means of the firewall being given permission to access websites - try the Help files.

keewaa 21:47 13 Nov 05

PS .. just so you know, one estimate of how long an unprotected computer takes to get infected on broadband is 24 minutes ... unplug your broadband if you don't have a firewall running, at least have windows firewall turned on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…