Antivirus Software

Newuser2110 12:22 09 Mar 05

Hello. Win 98SE set up and dial up for net.I currently have Panda 2004 as my a/v and it is up for renewal.The cost has risen to £27 per year, which i think is now a bit much although i have never had any problems with Panda and it appears to work well enough.(I have nver been infected!).I have looked at Avast! and wonder if anyone has any views as to whether it will be better than Panda(Or just as good but it is free!)
Would welecome any feedback. Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 12:43 09 Mar 05

I've used Avast for over a year an it is very good. Scans in real time - ie as files are written or accessed and can also be set up to scan email etc.

Well worth having - and free on top of that!

smudge101 12:49 09 Mar 05

I agree with Diodorus Siculus, avast is better than many 'paid for' antivirus programs

Happy Soul 14:12 09 Mar 05

Another Avast fan here.

Belatucadrus 14:28 09 Mar 05

And another

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:35 09 Mar 05

Avast install, set for auto update, set for screen saver scanning and thats it.

No need ever to remember to update or scan as it does it automatically.

Completealias 15:12 09 Mar 05

Been using avast happly for a number of months here and bonus its free!!!!

Chezdez 15:27 09 Mar 05

just to be awkwards

AVG! WOOHO!! GO AVG!!! *dances*

Newuser2110 16:17 09 Mar 05

Thanks to everyone for thier comment. Looks like I am going with Avast

Rahere 23:09 09 Mar 05

I have used AVG for a number of years, with only a few problems - Mostly because them it didn't work with Outlook Express above version 4 or 5. To solve this I tried Avast - I couldn't get to grips with Avast at all, the multiple interfaces were awful, and I found that using the the free version forced you to manually remove each email virus as it came in. I went back to AVG Free (now version 7) which removes email viruses automatically to a folder in your email client. For me this is a better product and the interface is a lot easier to deal with and there are few limitations with the free version than I found with Avast. I don't think AVG is perfect but it is free and works wel with Outlook and I think it works with Outlook Express and some other email clients. Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…