Antivirus software??

tmle8 21:10 24 Jan 04

I have heard that Norton and McAfee are system hogs and cause severe slow downs in OS speed aswell as intrusions with programs such as Outlook
Anyone have ideas on which is best to use as well as a firewall system?

VoG II 21:14 24 Jan 04

AVG anti-virus free click here

ZoneAlarm firewall free click here

Belatucadrus 21:31 24 Jan 04

avast! 4 anti-virus free click here

Kerio firewall free click here

Mr-C 22:00 24 Jan 04

try this shhhhhh click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:11 24 Jan 04

I have AVG and up to now it been good but this last one i had i dont think AVG was ready i kept it updated and it still fell fowl this might be any anti virus proggy but none are fool proof and it took me 6 hours to (hopefully) clear my system
and avg didnt find it online scan did saying that it was a trojan/worm but it did try it best to hide lol.

Regards.

lilliebet 00:07 25 Jan 04

AVG found a trojan on my system that Mc Afee, Trojanscan and lots of others didn't find. I think it's horses for courses.

©®@$? 00:12 25 Jan 04

i have used avg ditched it for norton, had norton for over a year and decided to try panda as i had read some good reviews

i kept norton updated ,scaned the system once a weak, scanned everything i downloaded, norton said my system was clean, installed panda without any updates and it found a hacker tool,norton wasn't doing its job which i thought it had been doing for a long time..panda updates itself atleast once a day, today it has updates itself 3 times, as as soon as a new virus is out it updates..unline norton which is every wednesday within that time you could get infected with panda it gives you that little bit more protection

really impressed with it so far..

©®@$? 00:14 25 Jan 04

panda internet security i am using

Key features

Antivirus. Detects and eliminates all types of viruses.
Firewall. Protection against hackers, preventing them from getting into your PC.
Blocks spam before it collapses mail accounts or prevents it from working correctly.
Privacy protection, blocks spy programs and dialers.
Web content filtering, prevents costly and time-wasting misuse of the Internet.
Immediate and automatic updates against new viruses and threats, at least once a day.
Detection and solution of security flaws in the most commonly used software.
Tech Support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our experts are on hand to help you whenever you need it.

click here

can try a trial if you like

Gaz 25 00:23 25 Jan 04

Another one for the good old panda.

Panda Internet Security Platinum is by far the best, and since I have a close relationship with Panda, I would be able to help anyone on this site when it comes to their software.

Panda is worth a try at least.

Regards,
Gareth

Terrahawk 08:32 25 Jan 04

nothing wrong with mcafee i use it on my main machine with Avast on the second machine cos im to tight to pay for 2 license's both good AV's click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…