antivirus playing up

//adz_w/// 11:01 AM 21 Oct 11

hi, every time i open my browser (Google chrome) my antivirus will pop up and say malicious URL found it does this with every webpage i open or when i type something in Google even this website i don't know what's wrong with it the anti virus is avast free version

xania 13:51 PM 21 Oct 11

Has it always done this or is this a recent change? You could have a damaged file. Try uninstalling and reinstalling and if you still have a problem and no-one can help on this site, I suggest you go to http://www.guruaid.co.uk/antivirus/avastsupport/avastantivirushelpsupport.php?gclid=CM2ym7Ho-asCFYVP4QodzAErkw

//adz_w/// 14:10 PM 21 Oct 11

well it expires tomorrow but it started doing it last night continued till today

spuds 14:52 PM 21 Oct 11

Does Avast on your computer do a daily update?.

Have you tried another browser to see if you have the same problem?.

If you do a Google search (Avast stating malicious url), you will find a number of possible causes or solutions. Looks like a corrupt or damaged file problem!.

//adz_w/// 20:36 PM 22 Oct 11

allright well my antivirus has expired so i no longer have anti virus so ill need get another download.

rdave13 20:40 PM 22 Oct 11

I would use Avast's uninstaller utility then reinstall Avast free and register.

//adz_w/// 20:47 PM 22 Oct 11

yeah i was thinking to do that ill pay for it another time

//adz_w/// 21:17 PM 22 Oct 11

following the instructions on the avast website telling me to boot in safe mode but every time i go to do so when i tap f8 it will crash

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…