antivirus playing up

//adz_w/// 21 Oct 11

hi, every time i open my browser (Google chrome) my antivirus will pop up and say malicious URL found it does this with every webpage i open or when i type something in Google even this website i don't know what's wrong with it the anti virus is avast free version

xania 21 Oct 11

Has it always done this or is this a recent change? You could have a damaged file. Try uninstalling and reinstalling and if you still have a problem and no-one can help on this site, I suggest you go to http://www.guruaid.co.uk/antivirus/avastsupport/avastantivirushelpsupport.php?gclid=CM2ym7Ho-asCFYVP4QodzAErkw

//adz_w/// 21 Oct 11

well it expires tomorrow but it started doing it last night continued till today

spuds 21 Oct 11

Does Avast on your computer do a daily update?.

Have you tried another browser to see if you have the same problem?.

If you do a Google search (Avast stating malicious url), you will find a number of possible causes or solutions. Looks like a corrupt or damaged file problem!.

//adz_w/// 22 Oct 11

allright well my antivirus has expired so i no longer have anti virus so ill need get another download.

rdave13 22 Oct 11

I would use Avast's uninstaller utility then reinstall Avast free and register.

//adz_w/// 22 Oct 11

yeah i was thinking to do that ill pay for it another time

//adz_w/// 22 Oct 11

following the instructions on the avast website telling me to boot in safe mode but every time i go to do so when i tap f8 it will crash

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message