Antivirus IS - my PC is infected.

heidelberg 22:56 03 Oct 10

I would appreciate any help at all in getting rid of Antivirus IS. My computer is Windows 7 and I use McAfee Internet security, SUPERAntispyware (just downloaded!), CCleaaner and Registry mechanic.

Initial SUPERAntispyware appears not to have done anything!

Help

Dave

birdface 23:23 03 Oct 10

What makes you think that you have got a Virus or what antivirus are you trying to remove.
Give this a try.

click here

And if you still have problems try Malwarebytes free version.

heidelberg 23:29 03 Oct 10

Thanks buteman

The malware is called "Antivirus IS" I'd not heard of it until my PC became infected about 90 minutes ago. A google search came up with some suggestions, but they are rather too complex for me - though I am trying to follow the instructions. SUPERAntispyware didn't find anything, yet after rebooting it was/is still there. I am trying Malwarebytes now, but so far no infections have been discovered.

Not sure what to do next!

Dave

Sea Urchin 00:36 04 Oct 10

To remove Antivirus IS scroll down to where it says:

Automated Removal Instructions for Antivirus IS using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

and then follow the instructions exactly. Note that you will have to download Malwarebytes again, as your version will have become corrupted and therefore useless. If you follow right through you will remove the virus

click here

heidelberg 15:41 04 Oct 10

Thanks to both buteman and Sea Urchin.

Malwarebytes' managed to succeed first time, after two unsuccessfull attempts by SUPERAntispyware. All appeared fine, and it seemed that I did not need to use your suggestion Sea Urchin, but I did anway and all seems well so far - touch wood! We shall see!

Thanks once again to you both.

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017