Antivirus mayhem!

Fateful Shadow 12:00 20 Sep 03

I have been having a few problems with my version of avast! 4.0 antivirus, basically because it wouldn't update to the newest version no matter what I tried. So, I uninstalled it.

When I went to check my mail, it couldn't connect to the virgin.net server! The reason was that avast! had a mail protection scanner, and it had to re-configue the e-mail IP address to 127.0.0.1 or something like that.

Thern, everytime I try to download and install the home version of avast!, it keeps coming back at me saying that it can't self-extract...so I can't install it.

So now I have no protection and no mail! What do I do and can you help???

VoG II 12:04 20 Sep 03

You could try click here to make sure that it id completely uninstalled.

Fateful Shadow 12:07 20 Sep 03

Thats the program I used to uninstall it VoG. It wouldn't uninstall via Add/Remove programs.

Fateful Shadow 12:16 20 Sep 03

I've just asked Virgin and they have told me to reconfigure my account and lo and behold...it works! Excellent service!

Now, how on earth do I get my avast! back???

-pops- 12:21 20 Sep 03

Any program that causes me problems such as you are experiencing never gets into my computer again.

Forget about Avast, there are plenty more A/V programs around.

Fateful Shadow 16:57 20 Sep 03

I had created a disk a while ago with lots of programs on that I downloaded from sites that, just in case I do have to wipe my hard disk clean and start over, I won't have to go and download them again.

I had avast! version 4.0 on there, and with a bit of paience, the program now works and I can recieve my e-mail again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…