Antivirus Gold seems to have hijacked the computer

brunelinabasket 17:45 02 Jun 05

Can anybody help. A friend has a PC which seems to have been hijacked by Antivirus Gold. He gets the message that his computer is infected with a virus. Noron Antivirus has scanned the computer and removed infections but the message is still there and his desktop as the warning about infection instead of his usual wallpaper. At random intervals his computer also shuts down.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:06 02 Jun 05

1) click here

2) if XP download MS Antispy, run and delete all it finds....click here if not XP download Adaware (free version) run and delete all it finds...click here
G

brunelinabasket 18:50 02 Jun 05

Gandalf, many thanks for your response. I have already run Norton Antivirus 2005 hrough the computer and that cleared a number of infections. I then ran Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy (all with the most up to date definitions). They all discovered some things and deleted them, however, the infection comes back whenever the computer is reboted. I can only presume that there is a small programme in the Windows system that keeps reinfection the computer. I need some advice from anybody who has had a similar problem and solved it, as it is difficult to find exactly what the exe file is which keeps in reinfecting the machine.

stalion 18:57 02 Jun 05

post a hijack this log on this forum malaware removal.Download hijack this to it's own folder.
click here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…