antivirus blocking e-mails

markdavid 14:05 01 Aug 07

I'm not sure if any of your experts have experience with Panda Platinum Antivirus / Firewall.
For 2 years I have been very happy with it.I have just updated to the new 2008 version.
In Outlook Express, it seems to be blocking genuine e-mails, as well as Spam ones. (I really don't mind getting the Spam since at least that proves that everything's working!)
It even blocked an outgoing message to an addressee who has their own domain name. Could that fact have blocked it?
I have tried configuring Panda but it doesn't seem to help.
Any ideas?

Stuartli 14:10 01 Aug 07

Have you read the Help section (I presume it has one)?

markdavid 14:22 01 Aug 07

Don't laugh, Stuart!....
I live in Spain, but I'm British. My Spanish isn't up to understanding the Help section of this antivirus prog.

markdavid 14:25 01 Aug 07

Marg7
Yes I could turn it off for inbound, outbound or both. Will the Antivirus / Firewall which covers everthing else still provide enough security for Outlook Express?

bof:) 14:48 01 Aug 07

markdavid, is there a way to turn the help pages to be read in English?

Have you looked to see if there are any forums being run on the Panda website? They may have an answer there. (I thing Google has a page translator option)

Mike

markdavid 14:55 01 Aug 07

Thanks bof.

I'll have a look and report back.

Stuartli 14:55 01 Aug 07

Don't Panda to my sense of forgiveness...:-)

Obviously I wasn't aware that you have the Help pages in Spanish. Try copying and pasting the Help section involved into:

click here

click here

click here

click here

Might come in useful in future as well...:-)

markdavid 15:10 01 Aug 07

Many thanks Stuart and I'll forgive the pun!

I appreciate your help with the Help too!

I've just asked Panda to suggest to me what to do. After all, it's their product which I am paying for!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…