antivirus 8

guzzunda 19:22 26 Dec 10

how do i get rid of this. it driving me round the bend .

VoG II 19:26 26 Dec 10
  guzzunda 09:57 30 Dec 10

i still have a problem when i turn the computer on windows loads up ok but on the screen i keep keep getting this from antivirus8.trend chipawayvirus has detected a boot virus on your hard disk.prees enter for more info or c to continue. it pops up in a red box .how do i get rid.

northumbria61 10:45 30 Dec 10

I would suggest you follow link provided by VoG and boot into "safe mode" to carry out removal.

guzzunda 21:50 06 Jan 11

i think ive solved it .almost.when i turn my computer on and as windows is loading i get i red box saying (trend chipaway virus has detected a boot virus on my hard drive disk). how can i get rid of this ?.

northumbria61 22:14 06 Jan 11

Trend-Chipaway is antivirus "protection" built into the system BIOS. This can trigger false virus alerts when it doesn't recognise the operating system that you have installed.

It can be disabled by going into the BIOS.
Next locate the Virus Scanning feature. For machines with AMI BIOS, this is under the Advanced menu heading.
For machines with Award BIOS, check the Anti Virus Protection heading.

Locate Trend ChipAway Virus or Anti-virus option and change or toggle its setting to Disable.

Without making any further configuration changes, save the new settings and restart the computer.

Finally, to properly protect your system from viruses, make sure that you have a good antivirus program installed on your computer and that you keep the signature files up to date.

northumbria61 22:18 06 Jan 11

You can do an online scan from Trend Micro click here - I haven't used it so can't advise you.

Patrik 08:35 20 Jan 11

What about me,i use ProteMac NetMine
click here's firewall for Mac.It's helps me a lot,for protect my Mac.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…