antivirus 8

Newuser1119 09:26 12 Dec 10

can anyone help me remove this please? It sends loads of pop ups saying various trojans are attacking and asking me to update. I have run AVG and Avast and they havent stopped it. It has planted a little shiled on my desktop. I am running IE 7. Is it safe to copy my documents and files to another pc?

birdface 09:47 12 Dec 10

Download update and run this.

click here

birdface 09:49 12 Dec 10

Follow the directions on this one and see if that helps.

click here

cocteau48 11:19 12 Dec 10

You say you have run AVG and Avast.
Do you have them both installed?

It is not advisable to be running two AV programs on the same machine. They can seriously conflict with each other and could be the reason that you picked up some form of infection.

Newuser1119 16:49 12 Dec 10

Marvellous advice Buteman, thanks very much for the ref to the Malware Bytes Programme. I was able to download it OK and it removed the problem. My pc seems brusied by the experience now running slower and I get pop ups (from genuine advertisers). Do you think I should restore to a time before all this happened?

And thanks Cocteau48, I usually use AVG and did a Avast addition to see if it would remove the trojan (it didnt). I ahve now deleted it - and yes it did mess thinks up with them both. Had to go into safe mode to remove it ok.

birdface 17:51 12 Dec 10

Go to Tools.Internet Options.Connections.lan Settings.
And if use proxy server is ticked you will still have problems.
Untick it run your security programs again. and delete anything that they find.
If it was on my computer the next thing I would do is turn off system restore.Reboot and turn system restore back on.
They have a bad habit of hiding in system restore.
Also go into msconfig and any program that should not be in the start up Untick it or them.
That will stop them running when you reboot.
Also tools.Delete browsing history cookie's etc.
If you think it has gone maybe leave system restore if you are a bit worried about removing it but if the problem comes back or you have to do system restore at any time you might restore it back to the time when you had the problems.
Maybe check Add-Remove as well to see if there are any programs in there that should not be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now