antivirus

DavyLad 11:39 01 Jun 08

I am currently running PCGuard as my antivirus program. I am not 100% satisfied it is finding all the viruses. My question is this. Can I run more than one antivirus program and if so, which one would you recommend?

provider 2 11:46 01 Jun 08

Definitely not. One will detect the other as a possible virus and the resulting conflict will probably use close to 100% of your CPU cycles, thus crippling your system and both of the anti-virus programs.

hiwatt 11:49 01 Jun 08

No you are only meant to have one antivirus as they conflict with each other.Avg is really good.They've just updated to version 8 which also includes antispyware click here and avast is also very good click here both programs are free.Be sure to uninstall your current antivirus softyware before installing another one.

provider 2 11:52 01 Jun 08
  johnnyrocker 11:57 01 Jun 08

what makes you think all are not being found? unless one is involved in very risky surfing there are not that many about in my opinion.

johnny

birdface 12:06 01 Jun 08

I am also with Virgin[NTL] but don't think much of their Pc Guard.the most common freebies are AVG or Avast.A few use Avira also.You will also need another Anti-spyware Program.Superantispyware is about the most popular but I use a squared.Can't remember if Pc guard has its own Firewall or not.Comodo.Kerio.or Zone Alarm are the most common ones.All free.

DavyLad 12:24 01 Jun 08

Thanks for the advice folks. The reason I don't think my antivirus program is finding all is that Norton tells me that I have a problem with Misc.exe,6 and I understand that is connected with a virus?

johnnyrocker 12:29 01 Jun 08

and what is norton doing about it?

johnny

provider 2 12:30 01 Jun 08

More info needed, Davy. Your ref to Norton has us confused ... which Norton? Suite, anti-virus, firewall, what?

birdface 12:31 01 Jun 08

Do you have Norton installed as well as Pc Guard.

birdface 12:35 01 Jun 08

Looks like it is part of Microsoft Office.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos