Antivirus

Ok, what is the best hassle free antivirus? I currently use Norton Systemworks but it seems it could be better! I just want one that will run happily away in the background without me knowing its there.

I particularly want one that has a built-in pop-up blocker as whenever I enter particular websites they start popping up. Thanks.

johnnyrocker 15:02 23 Apr 06

you will get many suggestions here, personally i use avg free as do a lot of other forum users, i use pop up blocker from panicware which runs a treat.

johnny.

When can I get these?

johnnyrocker 15:08 23 Apr 06

as soon as, avg from click here and pop up stopper free edition click here

johnny.

i have subscribed to AVG and the updates are better as well as the capability to remove any other prob facing antivirus I can reccomend

VoG II 15:12 23 Apr 06

I endorse the suggestion of AVG and the direct link for the free version is click here

PePersonally I use the Google Toolbar for searching anandd it has a free pop-up blocker. For IE htclick here or for FiFirefox click here

VoG II 15:13 23 Apr 06

Sorry for the keyboard stammer - I hope its understandable!

Can I install this whilst Norton is still on here? Otherwise if I remove Norton then add AVG I will be unprotected for a time.

VoG II 15:17 23 Apr 06

Download AVG and save it.

Disconnect from the internet.

Remove Norton - you might need click here=

Install AVG.

pennyben 19:24 23 Apr 06

'Best AV' depends on a lot of things, detection rate, system resource use, updates etc. I now use the free AntiVir which is proven to have better detection rates that most of the other frees.

click here

Pop up b;ocker - use Firefox browser which has a blocker built in.

In all cases though try them and choose the one you prefer.

Belatucadrus 20:33 23 Apr 06

click here for a few suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…