Antivirus 2009

nutty boy 02:08 06 Jul 08

Seem to have picked up a virus named Antivirus 2009.I keep getting pop-ups saying I have 295 infections!It even changed my Google homepage apearence with a link to visit a website.I was suspisous and did not click any link but still getting pop ups.Does anyone know of a free removal tool that is trsted and reliable?Tried running free version of AVG,Windows defender and Spybot but none of these pick it up??

thanks in anticipation.

rdave13 02:22 06 Jul 08

Antivirus 2009 is a new one. Seems these fellows are determined to knacker peoples PCs. Some goal in life eh?
All I can suggest is to run rogueremover free; click here remember to update first.

Run superantispyware; click here , update first.

Run both programs in safe mode. Rogueremover first then superantispyware.
Reboot to safemode again then run your Antivirus program.

it's causing all kinds of problems and seems to be very stubborn click here
you may have to run click here and post results click here
if you read the first link click here are both very safe ways to secure your pc when surfing etc.try rdave13's advice first and foremost but it looks very tricky to remove as it changes many things on installation.

rdave13 11:13 06 Jul 08

Also have a look here; click here . Same software company that produced rogueremover. Would still run in safemode.

matthyewclarke99 13:05 06 Jul 08

nutty, have you managed to get rid of it? Im having the same problem and so par nothing has worked!

ambra4 13:11 06 Jul 08

Remove Antivirus 2009

click here

nutty boy 22:05 06 Jul 08

Thanks for help from everyone looking at the responces it seems rougeremover looks the best option but have not tried yet.Have upgraded my AVG Security to Version 8 which is on a 30 day trial.Ran a scan with that today but it did not find virus so have dropped AVG mail explaining and asking for their comment.Hopefully should get this tomorrow and if they can sort for me then i will definetly pay for the package at the end of the trial.Will post a responce in next couple of days that hopefully says resolved.Thanks again for taking the time to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…