bretsky 17:21 01 Nov 03

Hi People, can anyone recommend a good antivirus, a couple of weeks ago I bought nav 2004 pro had so many problems with it I uninstalled it and got my money back for details see Newuser800 Norton Antivirus 2004 Autoprotect sat 1st Nov.
I use at the moment the Nav oem ver 2002 on my Dell Dimension 4300 O/S winxp home with a zone alarm firewall which is brilliant!

Valvegrid 17:28 01 Nov 03

You'll get lots of personal preferences on this, my personal like is AVG, there are others that people will post for you, take your choice.

click here

Good luck

Cuddles 17:30 01 Nov 03

I also use Zonealarm and for Antivirus i use EZ Antivirus from click here, i think its in region of ?10.00 per year but maybe less, the support line is excellent and is free.

Proxy Worm 17:40 01 Nov 03

I use AVG link above from Valvegrid, also Avast click here

Belatucadrus 17:41 01 Nov 03

Alwils avast4 ! click here This has the best results on the Virus Bulletin tests click here for any free anti virus. The scan scheduler is disabled, but you can set it to scan during screensaver, updates are incremental and fully automatic. Highly recommended.
Grisofts AVG 6.0 click here currently has Virus bulletin 100% click here but pass history not as good as avast. Used to be included on PCA cover disks, so is most common option used here, has equally vociferous supporters and detractors. Current commercial version is AVG 7.0. In my opinion 6.0 is beginning to creak a bit, but still a sound product.
H+BEDVs Antivir click here has never passed the Virus bulletin tests click here. No limitations to functionality and has support via Antivir forum. Not the easiest program to set up, with slow scan and large update downloads. Functional but not my first choice.

Microworlds Free eScan Antivirus toolkit click here an on demand scanner only, but also picks up spyware, dialers keyloggers and other bits, so may be of interest as a backup

DieSse 17:43 01 Nov 03

The best click here

The cheapest click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…