AntiVir & VBS/Newlove.A

Carronade 00:00 11 Mar 04

Until a few days ago, when it became difficult to update, I ran AVG. I uninstalled it and switched to AntiVir. On its first search it found Newlove.A in Windows\Sys32\...\imscan.dll. I set AntiVir to 'repair' but it still comes up. Should I delete the file? I am not aware of it causing harm and I do not know what program(s) use it.

hugh-265156 00:33 11 Mar 04

see Jamming`s last answer click here and then have a look click here so it could be a pcpitstop file that your av is picking up.have you ever used it?maybe AVG is picking this up as a virus when in fact its code in another antivirus product.

or it may be a nasty,i dont know.typing it into google gives not a lot of info.

what i would do regardless is make sure AVG is bang up to date and then disable system restore.im guessing you have windows xp etc as you say system32 so,after disabling system restore,run the scan and delete anything found(dont repair).then re enable system restore again.

hugh-265156 00:37 11 Mar 04

ps.the same goes for antivir or any av etc.

Carronade 01:19 11 Mar 04

Thanks for the help, Huggyg71. I've looked at the links and will do as suggested after a bit of sleep.

spuds 01:25 11 Mar 04

If you suspect a virus, check here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…