AntiVir Update .. Extremely slow...

Rigga 09:47 27 Feb 04

Hi all,

Anyone else noticed that the AntiVir update program is extremely slow.

I have a broadband connection, and everything else if flying along, but the AntiVir update is crawling.. It's timed out twice now..

Anyone else getting this?

IClaudio 20:22 27 Feb 04

If you mean AVg, then yes, I get this. JUst relax and coma back later, it'll eventually wake up ;)

IClaudio 20:37 27 Feb 04

whoooops, Freudian slip of the fingers! :)

Belatucadrus 21:14 27 Feb 04

Check out the Antivir support forum, you aren't the only one with a problem and navigating the site is like wading through treacle, very slow. Have a look at avast! 4 click here I rate it as being rather better than AVG or Antivir. But whatever you do don't run two AV at a time.

spuds 22:56 27 Feb 04

If its AVG that you are refering too, then this sometimes occurs. I usually leave it, and return later, when I find the download works without problems. Possibly an overloaded server problem, with many people trying to download all at once.

IClaudio 23:05 27 Feb 04

Why avast!?

Belatucadrus 00:42 28 Feb 04

Why avast! 4 ? I've tried all of the current free AV products at one time or another, avast! 4 is in my opinion more versatile, with a greater range of configuration options than Antivir, AVG or BitDefender. The auto update is the best I've ever come across in any AV package, free or otherwise. And it gets pretty good test results at Virus Bulletin. I was happy with AVG as it did it's job perfectly for some years, but having tried avast! 4 I've kept it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…