Antivir ?

bobfromburt 12:26 09 Jan 05

Has anybody heard of or uses Antivir free anti virus and if so what do you think ?

Carpigiani 12:37 09 Jan 05

A friend tried it. Didn't get on with it & when he uninstalled it, he was left with a VxD fault which as yet he hasn't been able to repair sucessfully.

bobfromburt 12:39 09 Jan 05

Showing my total ignorance ,whats a V+ D fault.

Carpigiani 13:03 09 Jan 05

Don't know exactly what VxD stands for but it is something to do with Virtual Drivers for Windows.

Totally-braindead 13:38 09 Jan 05

I,ve never heard of this one, thats me showing my ignorance now, I'd go for the ones the Forum members use as they don't seem to have any problems with it and some of the members are expert on any problems that do appear. I'm thinking specifically of AVG but there are some others. It would cause you less problems if you did this rather than try something else.

Carpigiani 13:53 09 Jan 05

I use avast from click here
it is free, very good & updates itself regularly.

Belatucadrus 14:09 09 Jan 05

Used to use it some time ago, e-mail coverage not too good and most of the updates are big, being replacement programs as opposed to incremental signature updates. Now using avast!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…