AntiTrojan Ewido or Trojan Hunter?

Major Disaster 13:05 09 Oct 05

Hey

I have recebtly discovered the need for a dedictaed AT scanner and was wondering wich of the above is best for detection rates and real time protection.
I trialed them both, ewido first and it found a trojan, few weeks later tired Trojan Hunter, it didnt find amything but seemed to have more features.

Any comments?
Thanks

spuds 13:44 09 Oct 05

I used and tried both programmes on a trial basis. Trojan Hunter never found anything and Ewido always came up with about 10/20 problems, which made me wonder if this was giving false/positives. Removed both now, and just using a2squared etc without any worries.

jimv7 13:53 09 Oct 05

As spuds has said, go for A2 free.

click here

Major Disaster 13:56 09 Oct 05

Thanks, i was using a2 before the other two but it never found anything at all!

JYPX 18:46 09 Oct 05

Don't forget Ewido is free, (at the end of the trial period the software reverts to the free version which includes full on-demand scan and updates).

Skills 18:55 09 Oct 05

I have had alot of sucess using ewido on infected computers recently.I now have the free version running on my PC.

spuds 21:00 09 Oct 05

JYPX & Skills-- The recent version of Edwido that I had was a 14 day trial programme. After the 14 days I had warning messages that the product had been limited, and I could no longer use it unless I purchased it. Can you provide the link for the free version, as I would like to do further testing, so that I can find out if the product was giving false/positives.

VoG II 21:05 09 Oct 05

click here - it becomes limited after 14 days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos