antispywear scan - virus problem - help

eysha 17:15 21 Jan 11

Hi my daughtr seems to have gotten herself a virus. The thing is called Antispywear scan and says wuauclt.exe and mbam.exe is infected. she cannot get onto the net and it pops up all the time at only a few seconds intervals.
Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it fast? It is still running even when she is not connected to the internet. She is very worries so any help would be great. Oh and Malwearebytes and other speywear progs won't work.
nothing does now so what can we do about it? she cannot do anything on her computer so is there a programme i can download and put on her computer via usb pen?
Thanks in advance
E.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:26 21 Jan 11

Look for the folder
\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

It may be on C drive under program files

find the mbam.exe an right click and rename it to

eysha.exe

(the name doesn't matter as long as it has the .exe after it)

when renamed, double left click to run it Malwarebytes should then run - see what it finds, it will probably get rid of the problem especially as the virus is trying to stop it running.

eysha 17:33 21 Jan 11

Fruitbat it didn't work.
now says wuauclt.exe is infected.
What now?

rawprawn 17:33 21 Jan 11

Hs she tried running Malwarebytes in safe mode?

eysha 17:36 21 Jan 11

no rawprawn, not sure how to and it just names files that it says are infected.
she is picking now. i i a toshiba laptop but i don't guess that makes a differenc running vista.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:28 21 Jan 11

What is the exact name of the Anitspyware?

wuauclt.exe and mbam.exe will NOT be infected its a scam program trying to frighten people into paying out for something that is not needed.

Changing the name of mbam would not have got rid on any infection in it therefore the program should now be saying the new name of the mbam file as it does not its obviously a SCAREWARE program.

eysha 18:32 21 Jan 11

exact name is antivirus scan.
i did a safemode and ran malewarebytes but after restarting laptop the thing is still there and it won't allow any other safety progs to be insalled.
she has malewarebytes, superantispywear and microsoft essentials but they won't work. so whatever this thing is it won't allow other progs to work. what now?
E.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:40 21 Jan 11

click here for removal instructions

woodchip 19:02 21 Jan 11

Right Click on Task Bar, check Programs running look for something you think should not be there then write it down and check with google

woodchip 19:04 21 Jan 11

If you know what it is. Right Click My Computer\Services look for the program or anything related and disable it. before trying to remove it

eysha 19:04 21 Jan 11

easier said than done when i am not sure what to look for.
E

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…