antispyware vista, how do I get rid of it?

dvdcllns 13:20 22 Apr 10

Help.
My son's laptop has malfunctioned. All sorts of errors. He's away from home at the moment and I want to talk him through a restore in safe mode. he cannot access 'restore' in normal mode. How is it done?
He's running Vista HP.
Thought a new thread would be better.
Antispyware Vista has invaded the machine.
Any good & free ideas out there on how to get rid of it?
We're live here, infected machine being scanned at the moment, another machine available for the net,waiting for feedback.
I hope someone can help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:25 22 Apr 10
  Sea Urchin 13:32 22 Apr 10

Or as I posted on your other thread

click here

dvdcllns 13:34 22 Apr 10

Running Malwarebytes at the moment, all sorts of threat alerts & privacy alerts in message boxes.
Shall revert when scan finished.
Sea Urchin - saw your message just as I was starting a new thread, thanks.

dvdcllns 14:45 22 Apr 10

After 1 hour, 20 minutes it stopped & shut down after briefly showing me the BSOD..
Have started again (quickscan this time) but fear I may have to stop for today and get back to you all tomorrow.
Thanks again

dvdcllns 15:15 22 Apr 10

Malwarebytes found 17 threats on a quick scan and has removed them. All seems fine at the moment; ie8 runs but is in Protected Mode: Off How do i turn it on?
Shall I do a full scan?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:04 22 Apr 10

Shall I do a full scan?

Yes

kristain 06:32 23 Apr 10

Do a full scan of your system and remove all the detected threats. After that, restart your system.

dvdcllns 08:56 23 Apr 10

Had to leave early so left it with him to do full scan and then follow screen prompt. Haven't heard backbut that doesn't mean a thing with students at times. If something else crops up then, rest assurred, I shall be back asking for more help.
Many thanks for all the help.

T0SH 10:37 23 Apr 10

To get IE8 protected mode set to "on" you need will to have the Vista UAC enabled

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…