AntiSpyware suggestions

cowgirl66 15:25 25 May 06

My computer crashed on me about 7 hours ago and I've now got it up and running again, clean as a whistle. Which is why I'm in here asking for suggestions as to a good mixture of antispyware. Say about 3 applications at the most. That isn't including firewall or antivirus as I already have them.

Money is a consideration here and if poss, stick to the free ones.

Thanks

VoG II 15:27 25 May 06

d-aware click here Spybot click here Windows Defender click here Spywareblaster click here

rodriguez 15:33 25 May 06

For anti spyware I use Spybot (click here) and SpywareBlaster (click here). For anti virus I use AVG (click here) and the firewall is ZoneAlarm (click here) which also has anti spyware built in. There is also a hardware firewall in my router. Since I've had all this installed, I have had no infections at all on my computer.

cowgirl66 15:56 25 May 06

Thank you for your suggestions; I'm a little wary of Spybot, though, because it never put deleted items into the Restore folder for me. I'm wondering though if now I've done a complete reboot of XP it might work properly if I installed it this time round.

I have used Microsoft AntiSpyware before it changed to the Defender, but it never seemed to find what others did.

Maybe I'm just being too fussy!

Belatucadrus 16:47 25 May 06

click here Spycatcher express. Trying this out at the moment, I quite like it.

click here Superantispyware Free version a bit hacked about, but worth a look.

click here Hitman pro. The interface has an English language option, but not sure I like the way it works.

cowgirl66 08:58 26 May 06

I've gone for ZoneAlarm firewall, Antivir antivirus, a-squared and Ewido.

I haven't used Spycatcher or the new Microsoft one or Hitman Pro, so I've made a note of them should I need to add another one. Or two.

Thank you, Cowgirl66

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…