Antisatic Wrapp

Ex plorer 16:40 12 Jan 06

Hi when wrapping PC components up in the past I have used antistatic bags.
Items I have had from eBay have been wrapped in Bubble wrap is this good way of protection.
I ask as I have just removed a MOBO and want to keep it safe.

Ex

Stuartli 16:42 12 Jan 06

I once tried to find a supplier of the anti-static bags and found it well nigh impossible, which may explain the reason.

As bubble wrap is plastic and therefore non-conductive it should prove OK on a temporary basis.

amonra 16:50 12 Jan 06

As a last resort, use aluminium kitchen foil to wrap your MOBO. The plastic bubble wrap and other plastic sheets can get charged up with static if you are not careful. It is because they DONT conduct, that's why they can become dangerous. Any static charge builds up on the surface and doesn't discharge itself slowly like the antistat bags. Wrap the MOBO in a protective plastic bag, then wrap that in foil.

Belatucadrus 17:36 12 Jan 06
  bobbybowls 17:47 12 Jan 06

a quick google found this company
click here just put anti static in their search box

octal 18:07 12 Jan 06

Farnell Electronic Components click here

GaT7 18:36 12 Jan 06

They do them at eBay too click here. G

Stuartli 18:47 12 Jan 06

Thanks for that, but it was one of the firms I found on Google. Trouble was that only about 10 bags were required, not 1000 upwards...:-(

octal

Never thought about Farnell. Surprising as I've been using CPC in Preston (part of the Farnell Group) for around 35 years.

In fact it was originally a small business in a wooden hut in North Road that was gradually developed over the years and twice moved to larger premises.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:08 12 Jan 06

Anti-static bubble wrap is readily available. This:- click here just one of many sources, should you actually want some.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…